Submitted: The Two Sides Team September 27, 2018
CHICAGO (September 27, 2018) – Two Sides North America has released the third of three engaging new infographics on Why do so many people love print on paper?
The series of infographics highlights the most impactful results from U.S. consumer surveys conducted between 2015 and 2018 by Toluna, a global polling firm, and Two Sides North America.
The new infographic focuses on the fact that the majority of Americans agree that print on paper is preferred for learning and retention, especially when it comes to complicated materials. “We were also surprised by the strong response of the 18 to 24 year old group – 69% of which said it was important to “switch off” and enjoy printed books and magazines, and 62% being concerned about the health effects of increased screen time,” says Phil Riebel, President Two Sides North America.
The infographic is designed to bust key myths about the switch from paper to digital. The key facts below are highlighted:
- 88% believe they understand, retain or use information better when they read print.
- 80% have a clear preference for reading complicated materials in print in contrast to 13% for computer screens and 3% for smartphones.
- 68% believe that books are more likely to encourage learning and the development of other skills than using screens.
- 67% think it’s important to “switch off” and enjoy printed books and magazines, including 69% of 18-24 year olds.
- 62% of 18-24 year olds are concerned the overuse of electronic devices could be damaging to their health.
About Two Sides
Two Sides is an independent, non-profit organization created to promote the sustainability of print and paper. Two Sides is active globally in North America, Europe, Australia, South Africa, Brazil and Colombia. Our members span the entire print and paper value chain, including forestry, pulp, paper, inks and chemicals, pre-press, press, finishing, publishing, printing, envelopes and postal operators. For more information about Two Sides North America, please contact us at 1-855-896-7433 or email@example.com. Visit the Two Sides website at www.twosidesna.org and follow Two Sides on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.