Two Sides North America is part of the non-profit Two Sides global network which includes more than 600 member companies across North America, South America, Europe, Australia and South Africa. Our member companies span the Graphic Communications and Paper-based Packaging value chain, including forestry, pulp, paper, paper-based packaging, chemicals and inks, pre-press, press, finishing, printing, publishing, envelopes and postal operations.
Using a straightforward, balanced approach, Two Sides is telling the sustainability story of print, paper and paper-based packaging. We tackle the relevant environmental and social issues head-on with factual, authoritative information that exposes the myths, explains our industry’s true sustainability and gives stakeholders a solid foundation for making well-informed decisions about the use of print and paper products.
With consistent, verifiable messaging that demonstrates our industry’s uniquely sustainable benefits, we amplify our products’ continuing role as an effective, valuable and powerful means of communication, marketing, knowledge sharing, information security, and product transport and safety. By fostering a better understanding of our products, we’re positioning them to continue as the medium of choice for environmentally conscious businesses and consumers.
Our goal is to dispel common environmental misconceptions and to inspire and inform businesses and consumers with engaging, factual information about the environmental sustainability and value of print, paper and paper-based packaging.
By uniting in common purpose with members of the Graphic Communications and Paper-based Packaging industry, Two Sides aspires to ensure that in a world of scarce resources, our renewable, recyclable and sustainable products can be enjoyed for generations to come.
We are a non-profit organization that endeavors to reinforce confidence in the Graphic Communications and Paper-based Packaging industry by:
- Encouraging all members to support the Two Sides Mission and Principles;
- Promoting the sustainability of the Graphic Communications and Paper-based Packaging industry by publicizing the positive steps the industry is taking to reduce its environmental footprint;
- Making available to all stakeholders facts and information concerning the industry’s sustainability;
- Responding to inaccurate and misleading claims about the environmental impacts of the Graphic Communications and Paper-based Packaging industry and clearly setting out the environmental facts by engaging with various communications media;
- Factually explaining and communicating the sustainability and effectiveness of print, paper and paper-based packaging versus alternative media;
- Seeking to be inclusive and extending membership opportunities throughout the industry;
- Encouraging members to promote the adoption of sustainable business initiatives among their business partners.
We strongly support:
- responsible sourcing of materials
- responsible production
- responsible print and design
- responsible consumption
- responsible disposal